Flood insurance is not mandatory, but it is good to have it, especially if you live in a flood-prone area. If your property is damaged by a flood, and you do not have proper insurance, you may face expensive repairs that you will have to cover yourself. If you are thinking about getting this type of insurance, Birdsong Agency Inc. serving clients in Snellville, GA prepared a list of things that are normally covered by flood insurance:
What Is Covered By Flood Insurance?
Here is what flood insurance usually covers:
- Essential systems in a house. Flood insurance will cover plumbing and electrical systems, water heaters, furnaces, air conditioners, fuel tanks with fuel in them, solar energy equipment, cisterns with water in them, and pumps.
- Window treatments and carpeting. Flood insurance also includes window curtains and blinds, and any type of carpeting installed over wooden floors or unfinished floors.
- Appliances. Usually, most appliances, including refrigerators, washers, dryers, and dishwashers are covered.
- Permanently installed bookcases, cabinets, and paneling. However, there are certain limitations you should know about. For example, flood insurance will pay only for damaged cabinets, but not for those that were not affected
- Personal belongings. Your furniture, electronics, clothes, and other personal stuff are normally covered by flood insurance.
- A detached garage. Up to 10 percent of your total building coverage can be used toward your detached garage.
Even though flood insurance is not mandatory, it is still good to have it for additional protection. If you live in Snellville, GA or any other nearby town in the state of Georgia and you are looking for an insurance agency to purchase a flood insurance policy, you should contact Birdsong Agency Inc. Our insurance agents are always ready to answer your questions and help you find the perfect coverage.